Top Menu

 

Enter Australia’s Live Hair Challenge

Think you have what it takes to win accolades for your hairdressing talents (personally, we have faith in you)? It’s time to put your skills (or, pass this along to your capable co-workers, friends, employees or employers) to the test with a national championship hairdressing event – Australia’s Live Hair Challenge, powered by the Hair and Beauty Industry Association (HBIA) and Hair Expo Australia.

The first qualifying heat already took place at Hair Expo POP UP in Melbourne last month, but the second heat is set for May 1st, at the Schwarzkopf Professional Hair Expo Awards Judging day, and entries only close on April 21st. The winners of each heat will be eligible to compete in the National Final Competition held over the Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend at Hair Expo Australia.

Categories from the competition are delineated into the Female Cutting Senior Category, a practical cutting competition where hairdressers must create a clear change of style, with a finished look to reflect current fashion trends and colour used to enhance the final result (all in 45 minutes).

Then, the Men’s Cutting Open category (open to all hairdressers, apprentices and students) must create a new style for a male model in real time, on the competition floor.

The Bob Open Category tasks any and all hairdressers with creating a fashionable bob cut in 50 minutes, with styles including asymmetrical cuts, undercuts, fringes and layered and graduated looks (or whatever you can think of).

Hairdressers compete at Hair Expo POP UP 2017

Lastly, the Avant Garde Total Look Open Pre-Done Competition tasks hairdressers with creating a total Avant Garde look that interprets today’s trends and harnesses the aesthetics of the world’s great fashion designers. 70 per cent of the judging focuses on the hair, while the remaining 30 per cent marks the overall look.

If any of these categories will suit you (or someone in your salon) don’t hold back! Email info@hbia.com.au or hop online to learn more and enter now!

For more information visit hbia.com.au

Click here for Styleicons|TV.

, , , , , , , ,