Giving a nod to the 90s but with a rebellious streak the Bec & Bridge girl retains the innocence of youth but with fun and sophistication added by Renya Xydis and Wella Professionals’ 90s French girl hair, writes Cameron Pine.
We saw the flirty dress, polkadots, whites, strong reds and blues – a collection not only raunchily titled ‘meow meow’ but as dynamic as the girl that Renya says is not the ‘IT girl’ but she’s fun and confident. Sexy one shoulders, satins and suede, the pieces were surprising and therefore the hair had to be simplistic.
“The Bec & Bridge girl has always been a bit of a rebel but this year she’s the French 90s girl. She’s not an IT girl, hair is out and long – just behind the ear.”
“She’s chic, effortless and beautiful. We couldn’t use too much product to keep the look effortless look. We just use Wella Glam Mist and Perfect Me.
This product was incredible for this look – because it’s like a hand cream for the hair,” Renya said.
The collection takes on some of the most iconic silhouettes of the decade and reworking them. The shortest of hemlines, bias cut slips and spaghetti straps feature. Classic staples including washed, high-rise denim jeans put back with structured bodices, and oversized silk shirts. Sharp tailoring makes a statement in the collection through a menswear inspired tuxedo, slim cigarette pants and deconstructed shirting. The Bec & Bridge girl knows how to have a good time, this season more than ever.
To keep this girl looking fun Renya used a wand to create some curl and then using the iron to drop the curl. “The hair couldn’t look too curly it had to look natural and ‘dropped’,” Renya said.
Get The Look:
- Take a small amount of new Wella Professionals EIMI Shape Me in your hands and rub them together, then apply evenly through the mid-lengths to create hold.
- Part hair in the centre and blow dry with straight ends.
- Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to the ends only for moisture.
- Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me lightly from mid-lengths to ends to create texture and hold.
- Tong mid-lengths only with a large barrel curling iron, leaving the top of the head and ends straight for a casual, effortless look.
- When cool, apply a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to seal the ends and smooth any fly aways around the face.
- Tuck the hair behind the ears and lightly mist with new Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist to add shine.
- Finish with a light spritz of Wella Professionals EIMI Super Set hairspray to hold.
For more information www.wella.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.