Wella Professionals have done it again – another awe-inspiring, fashion-forward hair look parading the runways in New York, this time with our own Renya Xydis, also known as the brand’s Australian and New Zealand Creative Director, at the helm. The look was created for the Zimmerman Resort 18 campaign, titled Painted Heart.
The brief was curvaceous, sexy, effortless hair, made to complement a feminine and romantic collection, with complex braiding, sectioning, brushing and heat styling achieving the aspirational texture, volume and style.
“The Zimmermann girl is cool, beautiful and breezy,” Renya said. “We wanted hair that was effortless and sexy but also really polished and healthy looking with a luminous shine to match dewy skin.”
Sounds like hair any client would want, so you’re in luck – see how you achieve the look, below.
1. Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting to the root area for lift, particularly around the crown.
2. While the product is setting in the front, section a triangle in the nape and create a cornrow braid downwards to remove weight from the hair to get a head hugging shape.
3. Blow dry the rest of the hair with a round brush, over-directing the front forward, lifting the root area with your hands and teasing to create volume.
4. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Shape Me in the front fringe area and re-blow dry upward.
5. After blow drying, brush out the hair then apply Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential to control any flyaways.
6. Drop-tong large sections of the hair with a 1 1/4″ barrel curling tong, curling each side towards the centre. Over-direct sides and fringe forward when tonging and take diagonal sections on top to avoid creating a mark.
7. Comb out using a wide tooth comb to loosen and separate curls.
8. Over-direct forward then tease the top and sides with a wide tooth comb.
9. Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me through the mid-lengths and ends, smoothing and flipping the hair to distribute the product evenly.
10. Brush smooth with a smoothing brush and slick sides back with a slight back comb to hold it in place.
11. Mix a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Smooth Brilliance and Wella Professionals EIMI Sculpt Force together and apply with a brush with firm bristles to front and sides only to slick back, then lift with fingers.
12. Weave in a u-shape pin in the nape area to create the head hugging hourglass shape.
13. Use a flat clip to hold sides back and wrap tissue around neck to keep hair in place then saturate the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist for shine. Remove the clip and tissue when ready.
For more information visit wella.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.