On November 29 the HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards announced their illustrious winners in a prestigious black tie event at Grosvenor House, at JW Marriott Hotel in London’s Park Lane, in front a renewed audience of 1400 industry members in the platform’s 37th year.
Sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional and hosted by Rylan Clark-Neal, the awards were also presented by Jayne Lewis-Orr, Executive Director of HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards and General Manager for Henkel Beauty Care Professional UK & Ireland, Julian Crane. Legendary musician Tony Hadley also performed with editorial fashion shows from the nominees also a highlight.
“These awards recognise the very best of British hairdressing talent, celebrating the passion, artistry and expertise of individuals from across the country,” Jayne said. “All our winners have demonstrated that they are accomplished and gifted stylists with an impeccable eye for detail. Every year, this competition gets tougher as the standard of entries improves. Congratulations to all our winners who should feel incredibly proud to be recognised at this level.”
The competitive awards continue to be a beacon in the international hair landscape, primarily awarding hairdressers from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, as well as an international title, with a range of location-based and thematic categories. In the pinnacle British Hairdresser of the Year title, Robert Eaton won the award for the second time.
“Schwarzkopf Professional is honoured to once again be the sponsor of this seminal event which recognises the most exciting talent in a remarkable industry,” Julian said. “It is a true privilege to be back in this beautiful room, celebrating stylists from all four corners of the country. Congratulations to all the finalists and winners, who should be admired for their resilience and for continuing to inspire, create and unite in the most challenging of times.”
Congratulations to all the winners!
Specialist Category Winners 2021:
- British Hairdresser of the Year: Robert Eaton, Russell Eaton
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year: Rick Roberts, Rick Roberts Hair
- Artistic Team of the Year: EGO Hair Design
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year: Sylvestre Finold, TONI&GUY Wimbledon
- Men’s Hairdresser of the Year: Caroline Sanderson & Barry Lachlan, EGO Hair Design
- Newcomer of the Year: Abbie Johnson, Mark Leeson
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year: Siobhan Haug, TONI&GUY
- Trend Image of the Year: Sharon Malcolm, Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing
- International Collection of the Year: Pavel Okhapkin, Fashion Hair Studio
Regional Winners 2021
- Eastern Hairdresser of the Year: Olivia Binch, Mark Leeson
- London Hairdresser of the Year: Daniele De Angelis, TONI&GUY Shoreditch
- Midlands Hairdresser of the Year: Shaun Hall, Mark Leeson
- North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year: Jonathan Turner, Hooker & Young
- North Western Hairdresser of the Year: Lynsey Harrison, Renaissance Hair & Beauty
- Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year: Sharon Malcolm, Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing
- Scottish Hairdresser of the Year: Caroline Sanderson & Barry Lachlan, EGO Hair Design
- Southern Hairdresser of the Year: Marcus Giamattei, Marc Antoni
- Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year: Alison Adams & Martene Mallett, MODE Hair
Hall of Fame 2021: Winning the same category three times:
- Andrea Giles & Terri Kay, Mark Leeson
- Lisa Graham & Joseph I’Anson, Mark Leeson
- Julie Cherry, Shane Bennett Salon
- Dylan Brittain, Rainbow Room International