If you weren’t at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre this long weekend to actually experience Hair Expo, you may have felt like you were, if you were unashamedly Instagram-stalking the events (admit it, it’s ok).
Just a small breakdown – #hairexpo was hashtagged on the site almost 23, 000 times and #hairexpo2016 and #hairexpoaustralia were mentioned in the thousands as well. That’s right, like all great experiences of our time, the proof of Hair Expo’s success was online, and some of the very best moments were captured by the attendees, guests, educators and presenters.
From next-level hair looks to backstage images, inspirational colour and candid shots, here were 12 of the very best images Instagram had to offer on this year’s #hairexpo.
1. Ash Croker’s varied take on denim hair.
2. And Lucie Doughty reaching colour technique goals.
3. Valonz and Renya Xydis bringing innovation to the stage.
4. And a reminder from GenNext that the future of the Australian hairdressing industry is in very creative hands.
5. Backstage with some extraordinary braids, courtesy of TONI&GUY.
6. The significant focus on men’s hair and barbering found at the Expo was translated to social media as well.
7. The myriad of brands in attendance also had their signature on full display, with this trademark Moroccanoil texture becoming a prime example.
8. Also, one of our favourite undercuts ever.
9. Top notch short hair from BIBA Salons.
10. Rokk Ebony representing their name and rocking out backstage with these chic hair creations.
11. The camaraderie, support and culture of the hairdressing industry was in full view – in person and online.
12. That, and also, MORE BRAIDS (again thanks to apparent braid kings TONI&GUY).
Hair Expo… inspiring at the event, and from afar.
Which social media moment was your favourite?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.