Paul Mitchell is opening the door of opportunity for one Aussie stylist eager to make a dash toward session stardom with the inaugural Paul Mitchell Emerging Artist Style Session.
The Emerging Artist Style Session asks contenders to get scissor happy away from the salon-chair as they travel back to the days of cut-and-paste. An eager advocate of the ‘total look’, Paul Mitchell is asking stylists to follow in the footsteps of award-winning hair designers and (utilising the submission booklet available for download at www.styleicons.com.au) develop a story-board touching on hair colour, hair style/cut, fashion, make-up, photographic elements and Paul Mitchell product usage.
Ideally, the story-board will clearly reflect one original theme throughout that, although unique, pays tribute to current Australian trends. The beauty of story-boards is the creative freedom to include everything from material to colour swatches, words, trinkets and icons – each item a symbol of inspiration fuelling one desired outcome.
The winner will be thrown into studio lights, camera flashes and some of the nation’s finest model talent, stylists and make-up artists as hair assistant on a professional photo shoot photographed by Andrew O’Toole. The collection will drive Paul Mitchell’s 2010 advertising campaign and feature throughout an exclusive four-page spread in Oyster magazine. The bearer of Paul Mitchell’s Emerging Style Session Artist crown will receive full-credits adding invaluable appeal to the budding stylists’ profile.
Judges from a mix of Australia’s leading hair and fashion forerunners, including Andrew O’Toole and Paul Mitchell’s coveted artistic team, will distribute the following prize pool:
• Opportunity to be flown to Sydney to assist on a professional photo shoot alongside Andrew O’Toole and the Paul Mitchell artistic team. The shoot will be held in Sydney in the middle of October.
• $1000 worth of Paul Mitchell products
• The images will be fully credited and presented to the winner in a folio – the ultimate leg up for any budding stylist
• Two-year subscription to Oyster magazine
• Two-year subscription to INSTYLE magazine
• One-year subscription to ESTETICA AUS/NZ magazine
• 1 x Diana F+ camera (Back in the early 1960s, the Diana camera was a cult legend, famous for its dreamy, radiant lo-fi images. The Diana F+ is a new twist on the classic – a faithful reproduction with lots of cool new features thrown in, brought to you by Lomography)
• 1 x Samsung GRL mobile-phone pack with $200 credit
• $500 Flamingo Sands voucher
• $500 worth of Paul Mitchell product
• One-year subscription to Oyster
• One-year subscription to iNSTYLE and ESTETICA AUS/NZ magazine
• 1 x Fisheye 2 camera (sister of the Diana – this modern take on a vintage shutter-camera captures nearly 180 degrees of your surrounding environment for a nearly circular shot on a rectangular image)
• 1 x LG KP105 mobile-phone with $250 credit
• $250 Flamingo Sands voucher
• $250 of Paul Mitchell product
• One-year subscription to Oyster
• One-year subscription to INSTYLE
• 1 x Fisheye 1 camera
All submissions must arrive at the Paul Mitchell head office no later than 5pm Friday 25th September:
Attn: Lauren King
259-263 Collins Street
Emerging artists should register here for the opportunity to make hairdressing history alongside some of the industry’s finest.
For further information please contact Lauren King 1300 365 350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for Styleicons|TV.