While Kristen Stewart’s facial expression is often joked about staying frozen, her hair is constantly changing, running the gamut of colours, playing with length and opting for a uniquely placed braid every so often. K-Stew is definitely a breath of fresh hair in campaigns and on the red carpet, tasking risks with her style and offering a myriad of looks to motivate you. Apparently these looks are just the tip of the iceberg, with Kristen saying it’s her profession as an actor that stops her from being even bolder with her hair.
“I would cut it more, I would dye it more. At some point I want to do a total boy cut. Not a pretty, girly version — like a straight up James Dean haircut,” she said to Into The Gloss in 2014. “I’m definitely going to shave my head before I die. I will definitely tattoo my head while it’s shaved before my hair grows back.”
This daring attitude makes her the perfect hair muse to examine, and with her birthday taking place last week, we’ve congregated some of our favourite Kristen hair looks that she’s donned in her 26 years.
Which is your favourite?
1. We don’t quite know what’s going with this layered short look but we like it.
2. Yes, K-Stew has gone orange and, yes, she left her roots natural to deliver this edgy two-tone look. Not your average red carpet colour.
3. Kristen is officially queen of the casual braid.
4. Kristen rocks the wavy bob (read: wob), in an effortlessly imitable style and cut for your clients.
5. This shag-style look in a dark brunette tone sees Kristen at her edgiest.
6. Fun fact – K-Stew is actually a natural blonde, and she went blonde again in the mid-naughties (seen here) for a film role. She has now returned to her roots (literally) with her latest hair colour transformation, suddenly going blonde again just this week.
7. Kristen is a short hair icon for your clients – rocking the pixie cut in any hue.
Stay tuned for if her shaved head dreams come true.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.