If it feels like you just celebrated Christmas and the middle of the year has snuck up on you we feel it is our duty to inform you that Hair Expo is a mere 11 DAYS AWAY.
To celebrate this impending annual highlight we’re counting down the 11 things we’re most looking forward to over the big long weekend – what are you gearing up for?
1. Watching the incomparable Akin Konizi, whose name you’d remember as the quadruple British Hairdresser of the Year, in action, as he graces our shores and conveys his creative secrets.
2. Salon owner, author, television personality and all-round celebrity Tabatha Coffey, making an appearance and igniting our unashamed fandom.
3. The return of the Live Cutting Competition, taking place on the main stage, that offers stylists of all levels the chance to test their talents and speaks to the competitive natures in us all.
4. 50 years of Sharon Blain’s unparalleled career being celebrated and commemorated in style.
5. A dynamic education schedule that offers something for everyone – world class business seminars, creative sessions from leading international and local industry figures and beauty masterclasses all pervade the agenda. With iconic names taking on the teacher role throughout the weekend, make sure to book in your favourite sessions.
6. UK styling icon Errol Douglas, who was presented with an MBE by the Queen for his services to hairdressing, will deliver cutting workshops and celebrity looks that are sure to be a weekend highlight.
7. Schwarzkopf Professional’s International Colour Expert Ambassador, Lesley Jennison will showcase imaginative colour straight from the international runways.
8. Apart from international talents, our home grown favourites are combining for a session titled The Famous Five. Renya Xydis, Joey Scandizzo, Frank Apostolopoulos, Dmitri Papas and Damien Rinaldo will share their skills and their insights in a rare opportunity that is a testament to the creative platform that is Hair Expo.
9. The latest offerings and must-have products will all be found on the salon floor. A bevy of big name brands will set up a stand and showcase exactly what your salon needs in the second half of the year.
10. MC’s Benni and Jules Tognini will make this year’s GenNext Gala something truly special, presenting Australia’s emerging talent in an always enthralling show. The all new People’s Choice Award will be voted by the evening’s attendees.
11. The focal point of the event, the Schwarzkopf Professional Hair Expo Awards, will celebrate its 30th anniversary, presenting the most highly coveted industry awards to the worthy winners of each category. With the impressive level of talent on display in this year’s nominations, we can’t wait to see who takes out the gold.
Hair Expo will take place at Glebe Island’s Sydney Exhibition Centre from the 6th to the 8th of June.
For more information visit www.hairexpoaustralia.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.