The never-ending salon cycle can seem like it consumes your whole life, but we do promise there are other times when you’re granted a short reprieve. The most frenetic of these periods of ‘downtime’ (if you can even call it that) is the morning rush, where sitting is a luxury, coffee is a necessity and your social media consumption reaches peak. We’re documenting the pre-work routine of every hairdresser. Which of these things are part of your day?
1. Firstly – the universal start to a work day, the snooze button.
2. Wardrobe choices may be limited, but the sheer volume of black clothing items you own is nothing short of impressive.
3. And shoe selection is paramount – after a whole day on your feet, you’re going to want to be able to feel them after your day is over.
4. Before putting your phone down for your salon stint, your social media consumption is at peak levels.
5. But more importantly, you check your salon appointment schedule to see just how busy your day is going to be, and which clients will either make it or break it.
6. Before your reach the mania of the salon, you cherish the simple things, like (if you’re lucky) a quieter couple of hours.
7. And any chance you get to be off your feet.
8. Coffee, otherwise known as the hairdresser’s elixir of life, is a necessity.
9. And breakfast truly proves to be the most important – and sometimes only – meal of the day.
10. Ironically, you ignore doing your own hair, until you have the time, patience and help to make it look your best in the salon.
11. So you don’t really care if you look less than stellar on your way to the salon.
12. Even with a crazy day ahead, you’re energised knowing you’re going to satisfy your clients and create some more hair art before the day is over.
How do you start your day?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.