If you want a celebrity red carpet worth looking at for outrageous hair, fashion and beauty, look no further than the annual Met Gala, the 2019 iteration of which just happened in the US. Celebrities flocked to New York to share their interpretation on the ‘Camp’ theme, with huge hair pieces, Avant Garde beauty and major fashion stunts all taking place.
In case you missed it, Lady Gaga de-robed to unveil four separate outfits, Jared Leto carried in his own head (?) and Katy Perry dressed as a full on chandelier for some reason. Beyond that, there were some very notable hair looks, for good and for bad, and definitely worth talking about it in the salon tomorrow. Have a look.
1. Yes that is Kristen Stewart, we checked. The multi-toned orange punk pixie cut is a… change, for sure.
2. Kylie Jenner matched her outfit in angelic fashion with her trademark rainbow hues, going fully purple in a look we love.
3. Her mother, Kris Jenner, took on the blonde mantle with a bright bob that is a totally new aesthetic for the mom-ager.
4. Laverne Cox also wore a vibrant colour with this very wearable teal look.
5. Some outlets claimed Ciara “won” Met Gala hair and with this level of insane texture we may have to give her the medal as well.
6. Priyanka Chopra is also a fan of texture, albeit in more subtle fashion.
7. The usually brunette Mindy Khaling shocked the world with a full blonde look to match her gold outfit.
8. Sophie Turner did the wet look with a touch of glitter, in what could be a special festival detail for your clients. No wonder new husband Joe Jonas can’t take his eyes off her.
9. Lily Collins‘ 60s floral, bridal look is her completely retro take on Camp.
10. Lady Gaga‘s hair was maybe the least interesting part of her four part dress-ception and 4D beauty look, but still, points for the hair-made bows.
11. We love this iteration of the ‘fro from Lupita Nyong’o, ultra-cool accessories included.
12. Another pretty, wearable example of colour on the Met Gala carpet, thanks to Lucy Boynton.
13. Tessa Thompson‘s super high ponytail may also double as a weapon.
14. OK this isn’t hair, it’s… feathers, from Celine Dion, but it really just felt worth mentioning.Which Met Gala looks do you love?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.