Hair Expo 2017 occurred in two places – within the halls, event rooms and education spaces of the all-new International Convention Centre at Sydney’s Darling Harbour, and on social media, where Instagram pictures, galleries and videos gave a glimpse of what was going on for those poor, unfortunate souls not actually at the Expo.
With that in mind, we’re rounding up some of our favourite shots of the weekend. Peruse your favourite looks, click through to those profiles and search through some key hashtags (#hairexpo, #hairexpo2017 and #instylehairmag for example) for the definitive post-event wrap-up as told by Instagram.
1. How could we not begin with Jayne Wild and her dancing poppets, who opened up Saturday Night’s Masters of Hair Gala with a dance routine sure to simultaneously delight and horrify you.
2. Danny Pato entertained the Masters of Hair Gala crowd with some complex braiding that led to this circus-style masterpiece, with the hero ingredient being playful pom poms.
3. The Australian FAME Team were on-site for some inspirational cutting, styling and colour on stage.
4. Unique but wearable fringe cuts as captured by The Factory.
5. And some of our favourite looks from the Freevo show that hosted Lauren McCowan and Jules Tognini for some fittingly unique aesthetics.
6. Peak glam hair courtesy of newly crowned Session Stylist of the Year Sarah Laidlaw.
Which Instagram moments did you ‘favourite’ over the Expo long weekend?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.