KITX closed day three of Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) with Redken and ghd once again combining to perfectly suit the show. This brief was about “echoing the ocean”, according to ghd’s Pauline McCabe, who partnered backstage with Redken’s Diane Gorgievski.
“The inspiration for the collection was Oceania, it was all about the ocean with these beautiful gowns that have natural textures, like the gown just stepped out of the ocean, it’s very in tune with the KITX philosophy – organic and natural,” Pauline revealed.
“The hair look for KITX is Oceanic Grace. Inspired by the brand’s core foundation of sustainability in fashion, this collection and our hair look is focused on the oceans,” Diane agreed. “The hair is a wet look, with bespoke focal points to emulate the moment of leaving the water and walking onto the land. We have carefully modelled the look, whilst using wide toothed combs to create a strong, yet feminine shape to showcase the collection strengths and diversity. Our hair look aligns with the focus of reuse and reduce to protect our oceans and planet. Organic, yet strong and fashion forward.”
The look was constructed with plenty of mousse, used to enhance texture and create tightness at the top, which was then demarcated with a ghd Wide Tooth Comb and even fingers, to create distinguishable marks. The ghd Helios hairdryer moulded the hair into shape, as slickness and movement were balanced. Redken’s Shades EQ Gloss, Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner, Guts 10, High 18, Hardware 16, 06 and Shine Flash proved pivotal in care and style.
Just like the ocean, in the best way.
Get the look:
- To prep the hair, start with an application of Redken Shades EQ Gloss conditioning colour with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Start with clean dry hair and spray down 40 per cent with water.
- Apply Redken Guts 10 for fine to medium hair and Redken Stay High 18 for dense or coarse hair. Add some Redken Hardware 16 where more texture may be required.
- Comb through product leaving out the front and back hairline, making obvious comb marks, before setting the hair with no crease hair pins
- Gently diffuse the shape using a blowdryer and diffuser.
- Gently mould front and back hairline to the skin using a toothbrush for small detailed work and Redken Rewind 06.
- Finish the look with Redken Shine Flash.