bassike returned to the runway for the second time at Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) 2021, following their day one resort collection with their winter offering, and finishing the second day on-site with the show.
Redken were backstage with renowned hair director Justin Pace, who championed a complementary look that spoke to the bassike woman.
“We are going really natural today for Bassike. We’ve created a few different hair looks, but the whole foundation is natural, sleek texture. We want the hair to be a part of the collection, not to overpower it. We are going for a lived in look, keeping the simplicity and beauty of natural, healthy hair,” he said backstage.
Key products in this endeavour of dual care and style were the Redken Shades EQ Gloss conditioning colour, Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner, Redken Satinwear 04, Redken Wax Blast 10 and Redken Shine Flash 02.
Individualism is always trendy and top-tier wearability is a winner in salons. As such, achieve the look below.
Get the look:
- To prep the hair, start with an application of Redken Shades EQ Gloss conditioning colour with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Starting with clean, dry hair, apply a small amount of Redken Satinwear 04 using it as a nice, soft blow-dry lotion.
- Use a comb to brush all the hair back, finding the perfect centre part.
- Using a ghd hair dryer and a round brush, smooth the hair out, flatten at the roots, keep the centre part and finish with natural ends.
- If hair is being left out, rub fingers through it with some Redken Wax Blast on hands or a light shine product to add minimum texture. If the hair is going back into a ponytail, keep it low with slight softness, tight but also natural
- To finish, use Redken Shine Flash at the root area to add natural shine, making sure not to spray too close to give a wet look.
- Once models are dressed, go in and add small details to individualise the hair look – that is, in front of shoulders or behind shoulders, a tuck and so on.
For more information visit www.redken.com.au