First Nations Fashion & Design was a significant show to kick off day three of Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW), historically becoming the first of the event’s runways to feature an all First Nations line-up of designers, models, performers and production crew. The power and emotion of the show had a profound effect on everyone in the audience.
Redken and hair director Diane Gorgievski were tasked with complementing this important runway, and innate beauty was at the heart of the looks.
“The look for First Nations Fashion & Design is all about diversity and playing with the natural textures of each persons hair. We are working on enhancing beautiful curls and glossy hair to flood the runway with bounce and shine. The hair look enhances the collections fabrics and flow, letting the true beauty of the cast shine,” Diane said.
Working with hero products such as Redken’s Fashion Waves 07, the hair was made to fit into a theme and concept that travelled beyond the runway and became bigger than Fashion Week itself.
“The look has been inspired by the culture that we celebrate today, so we look at bringing in the natural diversity and textures and drawing out the beauty in everyone’s hair to complement the collections,” Diane continued.
“The overall theme of the show is really a celebration in First Nations designs and we’ve decided to complement the extravagance in all of the fabrics with the beauty in all the hair and soft natural makeup. It’s beautiful skin and beautiful hair.”
A moment for the Fashion Week ages.
Get the look:
- To prep the hair, start with an application of Redken Shades EQ Gloss. conditioning colour with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Begin with clean, dry hair and spray down with water.
- Apply Redken Rootful 06 spray and add Redken Guts 10 and set hair in curly hair twists.
- Diffuse hair and dry until very dry.
- If required, add extra texture using a small barrelled curling iron.
- Finish with Redken Windblown 05.
- Add Redken Oil For All to finish.
For more information visit www.redken.com.au