While fashion was in focus at Carriageworks, off-site Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) shows were ensuring Sydney in its entirety was turned into a fashion centre. As such the bassike Resort 22 collection, titled Pause, debuted at The Venue in Alexandria, with Goldwell and Co-Hair Directors Pauline Prechonnet and Karine Strachan of the Tribe Lifestyle Group leading the hair look backstage.
“The hair team created a soft, flexible pulled back plait, fastened with ease at the base for bassike’s Resort 2022 runway presentation. Slight texture tousles the polished look to create the distinctly bassike aesthetic, radiating a quiet ease, effortlessness and androgynous feel. The look complements bassike’s Resort 2022 collection, which we created on the premise of finding breathing space amongst the noise. The elevated plait feels unmistakably bassike,” said bassike Creative Director Deborah Sams.
“Today’s look is inspired by the brand itself, very cool and a little bit androgynous and keeping it nice and simple, just something nice and easy,” Karine agreed. “The simplicity of the hair lets the clothes talk for themself, it keeps everything clean, neat and structured, it’s not doing too much.”
Goldwell’s Kerasilk Repower Volume Blow-Dry Spray was vital in prepping the hair and acted as a hero product, while Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum gave the ends necessary shine.
“This classic, polished look is clean and textured with a touch of elegance,” Pauline shared. “We worked with each model’s natural hair to individualise each look keeping it natural, healthy and polished.”
Get the look:
- Dampen down hair with a water spray. Apply Kerasilk Repower Volume Blow-Dry Spray to the root area and Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum to the ends. Gently dry off directing airflow upwards to create soft lift at the root.
- Section the hair into 2 parts. Section 1 is just below the occipital bone, ear to ear. Clip away section 2.
- Apply Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Hardliner Acrylic Gel to nape of neck and use a tail comb to smooth section and neatly tie off with an elastic as tight and low as possible.
- Release section 2. Apply a small amount of Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Hardliner Acrylic Gel to the roots and mid lengths and Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum to the ends. If additional hold is needed use Goldwell Big Finish Volumizing Hair Spray. Smooth with a Varis Smoothing Brush or Mason Pearson brush. Bring sections together and secure/tie off with an elastic.
- Apply Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum to ends and do a 3- strand plait as close to the end as possible. Tie in with a black elastic.
- Finish with Goldwell Stylesign Just Smooth Diamond Gloss
For more information visit www.kaosalondivision.com
Photography: Esteban La Tessa