On day one of Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW), Rebecca Vallance strutted down the runway and it felt like anyone who was anyone was sitting squarely in the front row. Redken and leading session stylist Diane Gorgievski led their talents backstage to heighten that distinct sense of rock and roll and, may we say, let the party begin.
“Today we’re inspired by rock and roll nostalgia, the hair really emulates those 70s parties and those chic lived-in waves, but really giving that rock edge to the look,” Diane shared backstage. “Inspired by the Hollywood Hills nightlife, the hair is styled with elegance and then deconstructed. It’s a 70s blowout, with an undone, done texture. The overall look is shiny and finished, yet raw and cool.”
“The hair is a complete accessory to the whole theme. The clothing, the fabric, the colours, also the cast is very spot on for this look. We’ve done some tweaking, we’ve done some cuts, brought in some bangs and just create that done but undone perfection.”
With full hair cut and style backstage, the right tools were a necessity. Diane credited Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam as a hero product, used to prep the hair and offer foundation, setting the hair for the hero 70s blowdry. The team then created disheveled texture with Redken Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.
This clever combination of products complemented a fashion show comprised of party dresses that will turn heads the second they walk in the room – or down the runway – with bold colours and prints, a distinct nostalgia and a high fashion meets wearable crossover that makes them a closet necessity.
Get the look:
- To prep the hair, start with an application of Redken Shades EQ Gloss conditioning colour with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner.
- To dry hair create a base using Redken Guts 10 and Redken Outshine.
- Blowdry the hair using a Round Brush with boar bristles. Some hair types may need Redken Fashion Waves for increased texture.
- Apply Fashion Work 12.
- Tong the hair between mid to end lengths by wrapping hair around 1” tong, only once.
- Run a hot tong through the ends to bring length to the look
- Finish with Windblown 05.
For more information visit www.redken.com.au