It was a runway that exuded rock and roll – from the edgy beauty looks and chic new designs, to the collaboration with musician Daniel Johns of Silverchair fame. David Jones’ National Fashion Launch lived up to its reputation as one of the most highly-anticipated runway shows of the year, and two looks by Aveda were key in its success.
Look 1 was centred on being striking, smooth and sleek, while look 2 was a rock chic ponytail with a unique, stylised quiff. “The hair look is smooth and sleek and encapsulates this season’s David Jones girl, who rocks cool confidence with a hint of edge,” said Aveda Creative Director for David Jones, Terri Robertson-Kirkwood.
DJ ambassadors Jessica Gomes and Montana Cox led an army of the country’s hottest models onto the runway, and between the cut-out swimwear, vibrant prints and lighter fabrics that dominated the trends, the audience were given a sense that summer is just around the corner. The guest list was just as star-studded as backstage, with Gigi Hadid, Samara Weaving and Isabel Lucas sitting front row.
Big-name designers included Camilla and Marc, Zimmermann, Tigerily, Christopher Esber, Bassike, Ginger and Smart, Strateas.Carlucci, Bec & Bridge, Jets and many more. Aveda’s staple rocker ponytail and sophisticated polished tresses complemented them all to a tee, proving definitively that a killer haircut and a rock and roll attitude are the ideal accessories for Spring Summer 2015.
Get the look – Rock Chic Ponytail:
1. Prep this look with a smooth blow-dry using Smooth Infusion™ Style Prep.
2. Next, create a low, side part from the arch of the eyebrow.
3. Section hair again by creating another sharp part, hugging the crown. Pull the back section into a tight and low ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
4. Sweep the remaining front section across and tie it on top of the existing ponytail.
5. With Confixor, create a slick rock ‘n’ roll quiff by pushing hair up with the palm of your hand.
6. Wrap a piece of hair from the ponytail around the hair tie to conceal.
7. Finish the look with a light spritz of Air Control Hair Spray and Brilliant Spray on Shine.
For more information visit www.aveda.com.au