ELEVEN Australia are once again pushing the Australian hair industry into the international spotlight, partnering with the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Art (AACTA) Awards in their local and global iterations.
The brand styled the Australian event this week on December 6, with Joey Scandizzo leading the styling team backstage before the many celebrities hit the red carpet. The brand will also be on hand as the official styling partner for the AACTA International Awards, taking place on January 5 in Los Angeles.
“The AACTA’s are an extremely exciting night for the film and television world – giving well deserved recognition to those in the industry and celebrating incredible achievements,” Joey said. “We are extremely excited to have once again worked with the Australia’s top talent in 2017 and now to work in LA in 2018.”
With his primary role behind the international red carpets, Joey has listed some favourite trends as sleek pulled back hair, textured waves, faux bobs and high shine looks for the upcoming awards season.
Celebrities who had their hair styled in the ELEVEN Australia styling suite, included Emma Booth, Melina Vidler, Nicole da Silva and more. Emma won the award for Best Lead Actress in a Feature Film, and Joey explains her red carpet hair how-to, below.
• Prep damp hair with ELEVEN Australia Miracle Hair Treatment and comb through
• Apply I Want Body Volume Foam through roots to ends then tip head upside down and dry off
• When hair is dry, divide hair into eight vertical sections, taking a medium-size tong and wrapping each section of hair around the tong until warm
• Once complete, allow hair to cool then break up curls with a wide tooth comb
• Section hair with a centre part then pull all hair over to one side
• Secure hairstyle with Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray
• To finish, use Make Me Shine Spray Gloss all over to add shine and smooth flyaways
For more information visit elevenaustralia.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.