ghd styled two casually chic looks for fashion powerhouse Kookai’s Spring Summer collection, with Hair Direction by Alan White. With a runway show held at Sydney’s Carriageworks on August 20th, loose textured waves prepared by the new ghd curve soft curl tong and a texture ponytail created with the ghd curve classic wand wave added an additional element of European glamour to the luxe fashion brand.
Alan White styles for ghd
The look was inspired by the boardwalks of Southern France, exuding effortless elegance in the form of cascading waves and curls that recall beachside cafes in Nice. Subtly brushed out curls created glamorous volume in a chic look that perfectly suited the colourful fashion collection, inspired by the vibrant colours of a summer in St Tropez. Supermodel Nicole Trunfio shone amongst a bevy of the nation’s biggest catwalk stars.
Hero products included the brand new ghd curve range, the ghd aura, volume foam, smooth and finish serum and a bristle radial and oval dressing brush. Hair had the perfect balance of texture, sleekness and shine.
Alan White styles Nicole Trunfio
Recreate the Loose Textured Waves Look:
1. Prep damp hair using ghd total volume foam making sure to get even distribution through roots, mid lengths and ends for volume, hold and finish. Finger groom in a low side part using the outer arch of the brow as a reference.
2. While blow-drying with the ghd aura hairdryer focus on creating big volume with plenty of lift throughout, adding curl as you dry using the ghd natural bristle radial brush.
3. Use the soon to be released ghd curve soft curl tong and take medium sized vertical sections and create curls following the movement already formed with the brush. Pin curls into place while they are still warm for maximum hold.
4. When hair has cooled remove clips and brush hair using the ghd oval dressing brush. Relax curls that look too bold with the ghd aura and a ghd ceramic-vented radial brush.
5. Apply a small amount of ghd smooth and finish serum and manipulate through the hair using your fingers, making sure hair is lightly coated keeping the effortless texture and curl.
6. Smooth over the hair with the ghd oval dressing brush for that hint of brushed out curl and a luxurious feel.
Recreate the High Ponytail Look:
1. Prep damp hair using ghd total volume foam making sure to get even distribution through roots, mid lengths and ends for volume, hold and finish.
2. Dry using the ghd aura hairdryer and direct hair away from the face towards the crown using a ghd natural bristle radial brush smoothing out any kinks and bumps. Focus on creating big volume through midlengths adding curl to the ends as you dry.
3. Using the soon to be released ghd curve classic wave wand take medium sized sections from the mid lengths and create waves through to the ends. When hair has cooled brush using the ghd oval dressing brush.
4. Apply ghd smooth and finish serum to root area then brush back making sure hair is seamlessly smooth into a ponytail just below the crown and secure with hair elastic.
5. Apply a small amount of ghd smooth and finish serum to the cascading pony and manipulate through the hair using your fingers, making sure hair is lightly coated keeping the effortless textured wave.
6. Lightly smooth over the hair with the ghd oval dressing brush for that hint of brushed out wave with a luxurious feel.
For more information visit www.ghdhair.com/au/
Click here for Styleicons|TV.