The inaugural Runway Weekend took place at Sydney’s Overseas Passenger Terminal over August 29th and 30th, showcasing 12 new-season runway shows to the fashion-savvy attendees. Mary Alamine of Royals Hair and Beauty, shiny new ghd platinum in hand, acted as the show’s hair director, creating three seasonal looks on behalf of the big-name styling brand.
Inspired by the international runways (it is catwalk season, after all), Mary and her backstage team created three sleek hair looks – the chignon, slicked back hair and a low pony.
“At Runway Weekend, we wanted to create three chic and simple looks that would work across the 12 different shows of the weekend,” Mary explained. “The new ghd platinum styler allowed me to create the three distinct looks quickly and easily with the style and shine staying locked in all day – I couldn’t have managed without it!”
Utilising ghd total volume foam, ghd root lift and ghd final fix hairspray, as well essential tools the ghd air professional hairdryer, the ghd natural bristle radial brush, the ghd tail comb and of course the ghd platinum styler, Mary created looks seamlessly adaptable from the runway to the chair.
Get the look – low pony:
1. On towel dried hair, apply ghd total volume foam from mid lengths to ends and ghd root lift spray to the roots.
2. Using ghd air professional hairdryer and a ghd paddle brush, blow dry the hair smooth.
3. Once hair is 100% dry, use the ghd platinum styler to straighten hair from root to tip.
4. Create a deep side part using a ghd tail comb.
5. Using a ghd oval dressing brush, brush hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with a hair tie.
6. To cover the hair tie, take a 3cm wide piece of hair from the ponytail and wrap around hair tie. Secure with a bobby pin underneath the ponytail.
7. To finish, use one pump of ghd smooth and finish serum over top of the hair for added shine.
8. Spray ghd final fix hairspray for hold.
For more information visit www.ghdhair.com/au
Click here for Styleicons|TV.