Gwen Stefani turns 47 next week – celebrating a successful music, fashion and entertainment career that spans decades, boasts multiple awards and has made a distinct mark on our pop cultural landscape – but more important than all of that is the hair looks she’s donned while finding that success. Famously intrigued by Harajuku culture (as her videos and fashion label can attest to) the No Doubt lead singer brings that sense of fun and creativity to her hair, experimenting with colour, prints and style over her many years of fame.
We’re throwing it back (hollering back?) to her most audacious colours, inspiring styles and bold looks – happy birthday Gwen!
1. Today’s fun fact – Gwen is actually a natural brunette (proof below), despite what decades of rocking her iconic platinum shade may tell you.
2. Retro, bold and completely electric – this blue-haired, multi-bun look is famous for all the right reasons.
3. Switching shades, Gwen’s hot pink hair…
4. …is even better braided (extra points for the mammoth hoops earrings).
5. And her favoured multiple knots look is just as successful in her rare turn with auburn hair.
6. Or in a more natural colour, with too many twists to count.
7. Prints and dual-tone looks are other massive trends for Gwen – see the merging of dark and light hair below.
8. Bold shades of blue and her regular platinum delineated by a thick black line.
9. Checker board hair in bright pink.
10. And shades of fiery orange.
11. And her colour history wouldn’t be complete without her dalliance with baby pink.
12. In style, Gwen is still inspiring with her recent half-up, double-twist, bun hybrid look on the set of The Voice.
13. She’s also been known to keep it more classic with an elegant chignon highlighted by intricate braids.
14. As well as emulate Marilyn Monroe with short hair and plenty of volume.
15. Or changing it up with a feature twist.
Inspiration everywhere you turn – thanks for the highlights reel Gwen!
Click here for Styleicons|TV.