If fairytales have taught us anything, Princesses (or Duchesses) have flawless tresses, and Kate Middleton more than delivers on this front. From the famous ‘Kate Curl’ to a bevy of elegant up styles in her trademark rich brunette, our closest real-life example of fairytale hair consistently sports voluminous, sleek, shiny hair worthy of royalty.
In honour of Kate’s 33rd birthday last week, we chart our favourite looks for the Duchess of Cambridge. Which royal looks will your clients love?
1. No Kate Hair list could begin with anything other than the Kate Curl. Look at that effortless volume – she looks like she has a personal styling team with her at all times for touch ups.
2. This princess chignon, with glamorously draped layers, pearl accessories and diamond earrings for good measure, illustrates what we imagine you find when you search for ‘elegance’ in the dictionary.
3. Kate’s wedding style was the hair seen around the world. Sleek curls in a half up style goes oh-so-well with a veil, a crown and a Prince.
4. This trendy pony tail sees Kate go curlier than her usual style in a trendy transition. Worn with a muted fashion palette, hair piece and bold eye liner, Kate looks the image of winter cool.
5. We love this intricate up style, constructed with layered braids to show off the rich detail of her emerald gown and luxurious jewellery .
7. Sleek as usual, this half up style worn with hot pink is the perfect blend of playfulness and sophistication.
8. Dignified in black, tight ringlets worn with a classic black hat and coat would suit Buckingham Palace to a tee.
9. This casual style could be a client-favourite, created with deceivingly complex layers, volume on top and, as always, perfect curls at the ends.
10. Sleek and shiny, Kate holds reign as queen of the blow dry.
11. This low chignon seems picked from the pages of a storybook – classy and graceful, not a hair is out of place.
12. Kate’s turn at a side fringe shows just how much can be done with the Kate Curl.
13. This twisted braid cascades into beautiful curls that show off Kate’s multi-toned brunette hue.
It’s no wonder Kate’s always turning heads with her always-perfect locks. Show your clients this hair can be achieved without having to marry into royalty.