Hidden inside the very exclusive walls of the University of Melbourne car park (and no, this isn’t a joke at the city’s notoriously difficult parking situation, the venue is a very in-demand location for major media and filming events), the Myer AW17 Fashion Launch took place last week. KEVIN.MURPHY, Yves Saint Laurent and the major fashion conglomerate, together with a myriad of models and the brand’s major ambassadors (hello, Jennifer Hawkins), turned the car park into a bona fide fashion epicentre.
Directed by KEVIN.MURPHY himself, with the talented team of Session.Stylists led by James Nicholson, the show included two hair looks that demonstrated the chic Myer woman in very different ways. The first grittier, textured look was anchored by a strong fringe (Headlines Australia hairpieces ensured the look came to life), while the second look pulled the hair back into a sleek ponytail – with statement gold accents on the side. Both looks were inspired by the unique 60s architecture of the venues, from its distinct mood to the curves and shape of the building.
“I love taking inspiration from our unique Australian cities, their environments and buildings,” Kevin explained. “So for 2017, we have blended the University of Melbourne’s architectural beauty with references from chic 1960s French actresses to develop an effortless fringed look that nods to the past, but is also very fashion-forward.”
“Our second hair look also incorporates the mood, contrast and allure of film noir to create an impactful, shimmering style, which perfectly balances the new Myer AW17 collection,” he continued. “Contrasting colour is continuing to be a hair trend that has staying power.”
Get both looks below:
LOOK 1 – Fringe Benefits
1. Apply KEVIN.MURPHY FULL.AGAIN thickening lotion to the mid and ends of damp hair then spray KEVIN.MURPHY HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY to the roots.
2. Blast hair dry and smooth out your fringe with a KEVIN.MURPHY LARGE.ROLL.BRUSH and use a hot tong to create irregular texture through mid-lengths and ends. Allow hair to cool, before shaking out.
3. Finish the look by spraying ends with KEVIN.MURPHY DOO.OVER.
LOOK 2 – Chic and Embellished
1. Apply KEVIN.MURPHY HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY in sections, then pull hair back into a sleek ponytail in line with cheekbones. Secure with an elastic hair tie.
2. Wrap the ponytail in a contrasting coloured hairpiece from Headlines Australia.
3. Stencil and apply a gold theatrical spray to hair, following the line from cheekbone to ponytail.
4. Finish the look by spraying with KEVIN.MURPHY SESSION.SPRAY and KEVIN.MURPHY SHIMMER.SHINE.
For more information visit kevinmurphy.com.au
Click here for Styleicons|TV.