Lily Collins has been at the forefront of the celebrity drastic haircut trend in recent months, chopping her long locks increasingly shorter from lobs to various permutations of the bob and, finally last month, to a chic new pixie cut.
Lily has long been adventurous with her hair, experimenting with style, shape and colour, and having grown up in the spotlight, we’ve seen it all. To celebrate her 26th birthday yesterday, we’ve found 12 of our favourite hair looks – tell your clients to take note.
1. This look is centred on length and texture – it’s hard to believe how far Lily’s hair has come.
2. Easing herself into the chop, rather than just diving right in, Lily sports a wavy lob.
3. This big 50s inspired bouffant hair style brings retro to the red carpet.
5. Textured waves, streaks of blue and dramatic winged liner saw Lily meet the edgy, Avant Garde criteria for the 2013 Met Gala.
7. Subtly shorter and shorter – Lily shows off her diminishing length with classic red lips and deep, multidimensional brunette hair tones.
8. Lily goes full bob with this sophisticated straight look.
9. With this dark brunette hue and elegant chignon highlighting her classic features, Lily channels Audrey Hepburn with this hair look.
10. Burgundy lips, pins and curls show just how versatile Lily can be with short hair.
11. Lily dyed her hair (and as the power of digital enhancement would have you believe it, her eyes too), for her role in Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, effortlessly sporting this rich, burgundy colour.
12. A bold new look for 2015 – Lily opts for this trendy pixie cut. Where will she go next?
While it’s usually her eyebrows that steal the attention, we think her various stages of hairstyle should have their time in the limelight too. Which looks will your clients want to emulate?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.