Western Australia’s fashion elite congregated for the 19th annual Western Australian Fashion Awards (WAFA), and L’Oréal Professionnel styled a street cool pony to enhance the sleekness and edginess of the designs to the runway.
L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART Ambassador Melissa Gesualdo created a chic and innovative looped ponytail to complement the fashion showcase, employing the Tecni.ART styling collection to achieve the unique look.
“We created a high-shine looped ponytail for this year’s Western Australian Fashion Awards,” Melissa said. “The classic runway ponytail was reimagined with an edgier and more youthful approach. What I love most about this look is its simple clean lines and street-cool asymmetric looped feature. Who said ponytails are dull?”
If this hair look is an indication of the state of WA fashion, the region is trendy, modern and oh-so cool. Who else wants to join us in a trip out west?
Get the look:
1. Prep hair with Tecni.ART Wild Stylers Crêpage de Chignon, applied directly to the roots to create a natural texture base.
2. Apply Tecni.ART Dual Stylers Sleek & Swing from the mid-lengths to ends and directionally blow dry the hair, lifting the roots and smoothing ends under for a sleek finish.
3. Gather hair into a ponytail at the crown of the head and secure with elastic. Select a thin strip of hair to wrap around the base of the ponytail and disguise the elastic. Spray lengths with Tecni.ART Crystal Gloss to for a shiny runway finish.
4. Shake a small amount of Tecni.ART Super Dust throughout lengths for added body and loosely tie a clear band half way down the ponytail.
5. Secure the second elastic to the left side of the head with bobby pins hidden into the underside of the ponytail and through the elastic. Creating a looped shape, the ends of the ponytail should now sit behind the left ear.
6. Finish with a light application of Tecni.ART Air Fix to hold in place.
For more information visit lorealprofessionnel.com.au or call 1300 651 141