90s hair with serious sophistication – Renya Xydis and Kieran Street for Wella Professionals drew inspiration from 90s South Beach in Miami for the sizzling Zhivago collection, writes Cameron Pine.
The Zhivago designs were bold and eccentric, lots of metallic, sequins, velvets, sexy textures and even some black, with interesting silhouettes – the Zhivago girl is dark and mysterious but also inherently fun.
Hair had to make an impact among an electrifying collection of flirty dresses, gowns and daring tailored separates, ‘Miami Nights’ celebrates the freedom, abandonment and revelry of the hedonistic Miami club culture.
Appearing like a glamorous army marching down the catwalk – the hair volume and velocity was amped up for a show that was refreshingly free of natural texture and boosted with bold body and volume – including a glitter on the lip.
“The Zhivago girl is a 90s high-end luxury robot that walks down the catwalk looking like an army of ‘glamazons’. We wanted her to look seductive and sophisticated and undeniably fun,” Kieran said.
Lots of texture – pulled off to the side and back. Lots of volume and hair that bounced with body connected to the Zhivago collection that draws inspiration from cult classic film starring Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep, Death Becomes her.
“Miami Nights is all about the fun and excess of the mid-to-late 90’s. With this in mind we wanted big, bouncy, 90’s hair – really beautiful and sexy but strong. The hero products are Wella Professionals EIMI Ocean Spritz to create grit and volume at the roots, and new Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist for a beautiful, polished shine,” Kieran said.
Get The Look:
1. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to the mid-lengths and ends.
2. Lightly mist hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting to break the surface tension and create hold for the blow dry.
3. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Ocean Spritz to the root area only, avoiding spraying the hairline, for grit and volume.
4. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me lightly from mid-lengths to ends to create texture and hold.
5. Part hair deep on one side and blowdry the hair, over directing the roots for maximum volume.
6. Finish blowdry with a large paddle brush to create extra volume and finish with the cold air setting to cool and lock it all in.
7. Tong mid-lengths to ends with a large barrel curling iron and pin curls up against the head to set.8. When cool, take pins out and gently brush out curls.
8. Lightly mist with new Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist to smooth and add shine.
9. Finish with Wella Professionals EIMI Super Set hairspray to hold.
For more information visit wella.com