Cult basic brand re-united with MBFWA showing their resort collection of bold earthy colours; think greens, yellows and neutrals paired perfectly by an undone and natural finish to the hair by ghd Hair Director Keiren Street.
Held at The Apollo restaurant in Potts Point, Bassike treated a very intimate numbers of guests to an exclusive dinner showing of a resort collection taking the brand from basic tee to sophisticated loose overcoats, one piece resort dresses, statement separates and a little more structure than we’ve previously seen from the basics brand.
Building the Bassike mood board towards a more lifestyle centric Resort 20, creative director Deborah Sams was inspired by a spirit of playfulness, with a view to lend more optimism to the modern woman’s wardrobe.
“The Bassike is an uncomplicated but lived in polished ‘cool girl’,” said Hair Director Keiren Street. “Creating a ‘natural’ texture using ghd platinum plus and some final shine – it’s all about undone. We wanted the look to feel very ‘slept in’ – as though you had gone to bed with damp hair and woke up with a natural, delicate wave.”
Each girl needed some quirkiness and personality but Keiren worked with their natural textures and a natural finish. “The Bassike girl is relaxed so the last thing we wanted was for the hair to look too ‘done’. It’s smooth but undone with loads of personality.”
Get The Look
- Step 1: Using a wide tooth comb such as the ghd detangling comb, direct the hair back and away from the face allowing the hair to fall into a natural parting.
- Step 2: Lightly mist the hair with ghd unplugged heat protect spray then dry and diffuse using the ghd air hairdryer and ghd diffuser.
- Step 3: Once the hair is dry, start to build texture with ghd curl hold spray from the nape all the way to the top of the ear – avoiding the crown and sides. Diffuse again until bone dry.
- Step 4: Starting at the nape, begin to create movement with the ghd platinum+ styler– creating a subtle ‘s’ bend in the hair in random sections. Avoiding the root area, continue with this technique to just below the crown. Once complete, spritz again with ghd curl hold spray and diffuse.
- Step 5: To finish, spray a generous amount of ghd final shine spray into your palms and work into the mid- lengths and ends of the hair. Using the ghd oval dressing brush lightly brush through the hair and gently tuck behind the ear. To add a little extra drama, using your palms to gently activate the hair.
For more information visit www.ghdhair.com/au
Click here for Styleicons|TV.