Effortless texture and smooth movement created by ghd walked the runway for Alex Perry’s Spring/Summer 2014/15 collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia.
Hair director Sophie Roberts for ghd kept it real, working through ghd Total Volume Foam and letting the hair air-dry for the ultimate low-key natural texture.
“We want the models hair to move as she walks down the runway, so we’ve created really easy hair,” explained Nicole, backstage before the show.
Alex Perry with model Alessandra Ambrosio backstage at his Spring Summer ’14 collection show
“We’ve taken inspiration from the models themselves – this look is really about effortless beauty and letting the models beauty speak by giving it a great foundation. We worked with the natural texture and body of the hair by using the ghd Total Volume Foam and air drying it and using our hands to smooth and thicken the hair to retain body and create some movement. We finished off with a styling iron to smooth frizz and to add to the overall polish and lustre.”
Alex Perry’s collection captured graphic shapes and razor sharp colours teamed with opulent textures including lace, jerset, denim, leather and reptile.
“ghd are an amazing creative team who are a pleasure to work with, they are always able to achieve the perfect look for the season. I love the way ghd is on trend and continues to execute a modern fabulous hair style,” said Alex.
GET THE LOOK
1. Apply ghd total volume foam to freshly washed hair; this gives the hair body, texture and volume to work with.
2. Use a ghd air hair dryer to air dry the hair allowing for styled but natural looking movement.
3. Create a ruffled centre park using a ghd tail comb. Shake through the hair using your fingers.
4. Using a natural bristle radial brush, smooth out the ends and any unruly hair.
5. Use a ghd eclipse styler to define movement in the hair – adding soft bends throughout the hair for an enhanced natural texture.
6. Add ghd smooth and finish serum to activate the layers and add texture to the hair.
7. Lightly mist ghd final shine spray for healthy, shiny looking hair and then apply ghd final fix hairspray for hold.
For more information about ghd visit www.ghdhair.com/au.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.