Johnny Schembri’s signature of clever colour blocking and fun pastels re-appeared in futuristic fabrics for his spectrum collection that explored the idea of light, shade and shape. The fine feminine form was accentuated by his collection of fitting cuts and 3D draping techniques, adding eye-catching depth and creating strength in balance.
Hair Director Jenelle Chaplin for O&M set out to create a very androgynous look, “We wanted to make it look like she’d gone into her boyfriend’s jar of product – a real slick wet look contrasting with ends that fall naturally,” Jenelle said.
“The By Johnny girl is chic and elegant yet ready to be tough. The cool and whimsical quaff combines a mixture of hard and soft with matte and wet textures to complete the designer’s vision. We’ve given the hair a deliberate hard feeling – no hot messes allowed,” she said.
GET THE LOOK
1. Prep dry hair with a generous amount of O&M Rootalicious Root Lift throughout (roots to ends).
2. Blow-dry with a round brush to achieve a soft look.
3. Section out a top section to give a whimsical structured wave and click through the top.
4. Apply generous amounts of O&M K-Gravel Texture Clay and O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum to create a wet look through the top of the flick.
5. Apply O&M Style Guru Styling Cream in light amounts to polish the ends.
6. Finish with a light dusting of O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray.
For more information about O&M visit www.originalmineral.com.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.