Schwarzkopf Professional hair director Scott Sloan created a raw tribal hair aesthetic to accompany the striking NLP SS14/15 collection swimwear designs.
NLP – short for Nikki Lee Penny is a daring womenswear label known for its iconic swimwear styles and innovative use of neoprene and rubber fabrications. The label itself has re-invigorated the swimwear and sportswear category, this year taking on a cult tribal influence.
Understanding that the models are dancers and they had to move on the catwalk the hair direction had to be resilient and directional. Drawing from multi-dimensional tribal cultures and influences models were abound with texture and toughness through multi-layered textural shapes and braiding in the hair.
“The hair has a really raw, tribal feeling whereby we’ve had to create lots of texture in the hair and as much shape as possible. The fact that the models are all dancers affected the hair direction as well, whatever we do has to be resilient,” said Scott.
“Using the new OSIS session series to create lots of texture in the hair and as much structure as possible, we left the ends somewhat raw with flyaways to contrast with the structure and shine of the top section,” Scott said.
GET THE LOOK
1. Prep hair with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS Grip Volume Mousse before blowdrying, then blow-dry product through.
2. Use Schwarzkopf Professional Dust It at the roots for some NLP-style volume and back comb as desired to go as big as you like!
3. Gather hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck, bind with a hair elastic.
4. Split the ponytail evenly into two sections then use your finger to separate a small section of hair from the outer edge near the elastic and cross it over to the opposite side. Re-grip the hair to tighten plait, still holding two sections. Repeat with a small section from the other side.
5. Repeat until the braid is complete, secure ends with another elastic and cut the first elastic at the base of the neck.
6. Spray hair with Schwarzkopf Professional Refresh Dust for a more fresh look, and run through the braid for a more undone look.
7. Finish with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS Session Flexible Hold Hairspray.
For more information about Schwarzkopf Professional visit www.schwarzkopf-professional.com.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.