Inspired by the modern nomad, designer Ann Yee was “mesmerized by the notion of an urban dweller with an adventurous spirit and non-conformist perspective” for her Fall Winter 2014 Collection, which was presented at New York Fashion Week.
Aveda Guest Artist Jon Reyman played on Yee’s left-of-centre notion, creating a “worldly” look, featuring edgy twists that fall into a texturised faux fringe.
“Ann wanted geometric sharp lines and an abstract architectural shape in the back of the hair with a thick faux fringe in the front,” said Reyman. “I used new Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil for softness and shine and finished the look with Men’s Firm Hold Gel and a misting of Control Force for a defined hold.”
GET THE LOOK
1. Divide hair into 4 sections – top, bottom, left and right with a visible and defined part.
2. Spray Pure Abundance Style Prep onto each section of hair for sleek volume and blow dry straight. Use a fine tooth comb to gather the top section of hair in your hand and secure into a small ponytail with an elastic. Repeat on left, right and bottom sections of hair.
3. Run Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil through each ponytail and begin to twirl each section of hair around elastic. Pin each twirl in place covering the elastic, leaving the ends out.
4. Bring loose ends over the forehead and style in place creating a thick, textured fringe. Use Men’s Pure-Formance Firm Hold Gel to tightly comb each section of hair into place from nape of neck up.
5. Finish the look with a misting of Control Force Hair Spray all over for a strong but barely-there hold.
For more information about Aveda visit www.aveda.com.au or call 1800 061 326.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.