With New York Fashion Week’s Fall 2014 collection shows well underway, ghd took backstage in support of long term fashion partners Nicky and Simone Zimmermann who showcased their acclaimed new ZIMMERMANN collection, Cloud Stompers at The Lincoln Center.
ghd for ZIMMERMAN Fall 2014
ghd Hair Director Sophie Roberts wielded the ghd eclipse and styling products to create a defiant yet innocent hair look which perfectly complimented the bold yet classic feminine collection.
Roberts took inspiration from Nicky and Simone’s signature sexy silhouettes and bold prints and metallic embellishments to create the ZIMMERMANN beauty look.
“I wanted to give a nod to both the Edwardian dandy and American rockabilly youthful boyish look but still create something that felt modern with the youthful spirit of a teddy girl,” said Sophie.
“Using ghd eclipse and the ghd style range, we’ve created a sleek, textured, glossy look which captures the strength and attitude of the collection.”
GET THE LOOK
1. Apply ghd total volume foam to damp hair starting from the roots and working down towards the ends. For extra grip, apply a small amount of ghd smooth and finish serum to the ends only.
2. Using a ghd tail comb, part the hair from the temple to the crown of the head and comb the smaller section of hair tight to the head. Flip the larger section of hair back off the face creating a shallow quiff.
3. Take the larger section of hair from part line to behind the ear and twist the hair securing at the side of the head with pins.
4. Create a textured raked look in the front section of the hair by combing backwards and diffuse dry using the ghd air.
5. Using ghd eclipse set a wave through the mid-length and ends of the hair.
6. Section the hair into two ponytails at the back of the head and secure each section with elastic.
7. Twist each ponytail separately into the centre.
8. Wrap the twists of hair around each other to create a rope in the ponytail and secure with elastic.
9. Apply ghd final fix hairspray to set the look, and finish with ghd final shine spray for added shine.
For more information about ghd visit www.ghdhair.com/au.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.