Six very different runways at New York Fashion Week had Moroccanoil on hand to tend to their hair styling needs. A select group of esteemed Hair Directors proved that the devil is in the details when it comes to hair both in the salon and when viewed from front row.
Starting the proceedings for Altuzarra, Hair Designer Odile Gilbert created a look inspired by the unstructured hair of folk rock musicians, with a twist – a literal braided twist, that is. A flawless wavy blow dry was made a little more interesting with some braided detail in the back, culminating in the ideal take on boho.
Next Antonia Corral Calero provided a statement look for Cushnie Et Ochs, a sleek, modern style to complement the graphic lines and more austere elements found in the fashion collection. An interesting dual half-ponytail provided that distinctive Moroccanoil detail.
Antonio also sculpted an elegant chignon for Marchesa. Where the collection was comprised of intricate details inspired by a botanical menagerie of caged birds and cascading florals, the hair look utilised floral hair pieces and a low, fancy knot as the simple final touch.
Recine took the reigns for Monique Lhuillier, creating an unconventional knotted bun amidst wet texture. This was the perfect partner to the collection’s structural and textural elements.
Pola Thomson’s Spring Summer line was finished by Antonio’s latest graphic look, inspired by the directional lines of the collection and circular motion of the cosmos. The finished look was a unique asymmetrical style, where sections were twisted and tucked to create a seamless end product.
Lastly the brand styled Zac Posen’s 70s-inspired outing. Natural, simple, contemporary cuts gave the fashion its modern edge.
Get The Look – Paloma Thomson:
• Starting with damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Treatment and blow dry straight using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
• Using a comb, create a deep side part on over the arch of the left eyebrow.
• Next, mist the entire head with Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection and comb through. Beginning at the base of the head, flat iron 3″ sections, working your way up until the entire head is complete.
• Comb the section hair on the left side back behind the ear and down under the nape of the neck. Secure this hair to a small section of hair at the nape with an elastic (concealing it with the remainder of the hair) and mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for hold.
• Mist a 3″ section of hair at the right side of the part, and comb in a sweeping motion across the forehead and back across the back of the head all the way to the right side and underneath the loose hair. Secure this section to the concealed ponytail at the nape of the neck with another elastic.
• Mist the entire head with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for a smooth, sleek and luminous finish.
For more information visit moroccanoil.com/Australia
Click here for Styleicons|TV.