O&M Creative Director Janelle Chaplin created a square, rockabilly look with a distorted silhouette for the CZAR by Cesar Galindo’s graphic Fall/Winter 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week.
Inspired by altered states, the collection evokes a hazy kaleidoscope of digital graphics and print patterns in a blue, grey, and purple backdrop. To complement Cesar’s vision, Janelle infused height, texture and colour to achieve a sci-fi hair look.
GET THE LOOK
1. Prep dry hair with a generous amount of O&M Rootalicious Root Lift Spray throughout roots to ends.
2. Blow dry with a paddle brush, pulling hair backwards from the hairline.
3. At the crown, tease hair in the middle with a fine-tooth comb and then smooth over using a paddle brush.
4. Combine a small amount of O&M Style Guru Styling Cream and O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum in hands and tightly slick back the sides of the hair to give a ‘wet look’.
5. Section the hair in the back horizontally, securing the lower portion with a single strip of masking tape (must be easy to remove), then brush the top portion of hair over the tape, and spray with O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray.
6. Finish by rubbing Holi powder through the sleeked-back sides for a high-pigment look. Janelle used an electric blue and purple shades for the show.
For more information about Original Mineral visit www.originalmineral.com.