Redken 5th Avenue NYC Global Styling Director Guido Palau amped up the shine at the Coach Fall/Winter 14 show at New York Fashion Week to offset the heavier fabrics and textures featured in the collection, writes Ruth Cooper.
Feathers secured in the back of the hairstyle created an Americana vibe, inspired by the “very distinct American kind of spirit,” embodied in this seasons Coach collection.
“This girl is free-spirited and hails from the mid-west,” said Guido. “I let the hair dry naturally and then added Redken diamond oil and Redken shine flash 02 to get a shiny wet texture, rather than a dry matte finish. It is all very American, and a little bit 70s with the middle parting.”
Redken Global Styling Director Guido Palau styling backstage
GET THE LOOK
1. Apply Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends.
2. Create a messy centre part, then using your fingers, blow dry hair around the part to smooth the top.
3. Section by section, apply Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist from root to ends to create a natural, wet shine look.
4. Create a loose half ponytail just above the nape of the neck and fasten with hair elastic.
5. Pin or wrap a leather hair accessory on top of the hair elastic.
For more information about Redken visit www.redken.com.au or call 1300 650 170.