The DKNY A/W ’14 New York Mash Up show returned to the designer’s roots, celebrating 25 years at the heart of New York fashion.
Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Eugene Souleiman styled a cast of 55 people, comprising of students, club kids, models, musicians, artists and entrepreneurs, capturing the diversity, culture and sub-culture of New York.
“When DKNY launched in the late 80s, there was an incredible energy to the street culture in New York, and this is what today’s show is all about. Going back to a time when there wasn’t just one look, when people didn’t want ot look the same, when style was individual,” said Eugene.
Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman styling backstage at the DKNY A/W ’14 New York Mash Up show
This theme gave Eugene and his team the opportunity to personalise the hair look to each model to capture their unique style. “I loved this show. I found it really refreshing to do something different. With all these incredible personalities in the chair it felt more like being in a cool downtown New York salon than being backstage,” added Eugene.
GET THE LOOK
With no single overall looks, Eugene and the team used a variety of products from the Wella Professionals care and styling ranges, and here are a few of their favourites:
– Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner to protect an support coloured hair
– Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion for direction and shine with invisible hold
– Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray for light volume with a matte texture
– Wella Professionals Grip Cream for strong hold styling
– Wella Professionals Body Crafter Volume Strap for amplified volume with texture
For more information about Wella Professionals visit www.wella.com/en-au.