A team of 25 talented Paul Mitchell stylists worked their magic on April 16th 2014 for the highly anticipated Melbourne Emporium opening.
A who’s who of fashion turned out to celebrate the Australian first, which showcases over 225 retailers offering the biggest range of Australian designers under one roof.
As the official hair sponsor, the Paul Mitchell team styled 60 models throughout the day, including a morning media teaser and multiple runway parades.
For the morning show, Paul Mitchell Associate Artist Rebecca Hubbard led the team in styling 18 unique looks, crafted to represent different designers including Camilla, sass and bide and Manning Cartel. The styles complemented the clothes perfectly and included crimped weaves, classic ponytails and dishevelled fishtail braids.
Paul Mitchell Associate Artists Paul Galileos and Kate Raptopolous styled the shows throughout the day, sending classic wet to dry waterfall waves down the runway.
For the Paul Mitchell team, the event was a great way to combine their love of hair and fashion.
“Paul Mitchell has been honoured to sponsor this Melbourne fashion milestone,” said Three Six Five Managing Director, John Pizzey.
“The brand has long supported Australian fashion brands, so working on the Emporium launch was a perfect brand collaboration.”
GET THE LOOK: WET TO DRY WATERFALL WAVE
1. To get the perfect texture distribute Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texture Spray evenly through hair and dry in.
2. Divide hair into two sections, separating hair from ear to ear across the crown.
3. Use Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press Thermal Styling Product on dry hair, using hot tongs to set the back of the hair into waves.
4. To style the front section, comb hair backward into desired position. Section by section, apply a small amount of Paul Mitchell Super Clean Sculpting Gel and then set by drying the sections with a hair dryer.
5. Using Paul Mitchell Workup Spray, comb and mould to create the perfect water wave.
6. Finish with a final spray of Paul Mitchell Awapuui Ginger Finishing Spray to secure the look.
For more information about Paul Mitchell call (03) 9249 3800.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.