A fusion of high-fashion gloss teamed with raw and organic ends formed the looks for the Witchery Autumn Winter 2014 collection runway show.
Created by Redken 5th Avenue NYC Hair Director Amanda Kowalevsky of Oscar Oscar Salons, the sleek style combined rawness with a gloss finish, for the ultimate modern look.
“Our inspiration for the hair was taken from the A/W Witchery collection, which is quite tough and edgy. To compliment this collection we wanted to create a look that was strong and quite raw, so we combined a gloss finish on top with textured ends – for a uniquely modern look,” said Kowalevsky.
GET THE LOOK
1. Apply Redken Rootful 06 and Redken Guts 10 on dry hair and saturate the hair until it is wet.
2. Rough-dry the hair using just fingers and hairdryer until it is completely dry. Using a fine-toothed comb, create a centre part.
3. Then take a section from the temple to the ear and comb this section horizontally to the back of the head. Secure this section with bobby pins and then smooth hair down using hands and Redken Flash Shine 02 for a glossy finish.
4. Smooth down the loose top section of hair and tuck it behind the ears – this will cover the bobby-pins.
5. Create a raw and organic texture through ends by ruffling the hair with finger-tips.
6. Spray Redken Flash Shine 02 on the top section of the hair and add Redken Powder Grip 03 on the ends for a dry texture. Finish with a light spray of Redken Forceful 23 hairspray.
Image credits: Chantell Bianchi
For more information about Redken 5th Avenue NYC visit www.redken.com.au or call 1300 650 170.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.