Three very different shows, categorised as Ready To Wear, Australian Luxe and Red Carpet Runway dominated last weekend, where the eyes of Sydney’s fashion-savvy were focused squarely on Town Hall. Redken took control backstage at Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival Sydney (MBFFSydney) for the eighth straight year, showcasing just why they’ve become an indispensable part of this event.
For Ready To Wear, Hair Director Paloma Rose Garcia of Oscar Oscar Salons Paddington showed contrast with a look exuding high glamour. Anchored by a meticulous back braid fused with a sleek ponytail, the look used intricate sectioning to add intrigue to the commercial show.
“The sleek ponytail that I created for the Ready To Wear Runway Show showcased a fusion of classic elegance and chic modernity,” Paloma shared. “New BRAID AID 03 provided grip and definition for the highlight braid, and DIAMOND OIL Shatterproof Shine finished the look with frizz-free, multifaceted shine.”
For Australian Luxe Kristy Hodgson of Jarahs Hair took the reins, with a street-inspired ponytail complete with directional quiff, which, in Kristy’s words, was inspired by “effortless street glamour”. This original take on a casual tied back look is sure to pique your clients’ interests.
For Red Carpet Runway, Rozlyn Thomas of Bellamia created an elegant up style with metallic silver highlights. “The polished up-do that I created for the Red Carpet Runway Show is neo-classic with an alluring ethereal mood,” Rozlyn shared. “SHAPE FACTOR 22 Sculpting provided essential hold and new METAL FIX 08 Cream-Paste Silver Metallic created the subtle moonlit sheen.”
Redken Hair Director Hilda Dawad also had the pleasure of styling the event’s ambassador Coco Rocha on the red carpet. The rock chic hair directive captured Coco’s modern sensibilities merged with the compulsory glamour of the event.
Another successful partnership between Redken and MBFFSydney is in the books, with Redken showing once again that the key to backstage is versatility.
Get The Look – Ready To Wear:
1. On clean hair, create a centre part followed by a diamond section at the crown through to the nape for the braid.
2. Apply BRAID AID 03 Braid Defining Lotion to the braid section and create a classic French braid. Lightly fix the braid with FORCEFUL 23 Strength Finishing Spray. Super
3. Apply ROOTFUL 06 Root Lifting Spray through the remaining section of loose hair and blow-dry to create a sleek and smooth finish.
4. Lightly brush hair with a soft bristle brush.
5. Pull all the hair with inclusive braid into a low ponytail.
6. Remove fly-aways with FORCEFUL 23 Strength Finishing Spray . Super
7. For a finishing touch, spread 2-3 drops of DIAMOND OIL Shatterproof Shine through the mid-lengths and ends to create multifaceted shine.
For more information visit redken.com.au or call 1300 138 803
Photography by Ben Vella
Click here for Styleicons|TV.