Schwarzkopf Professional helped to close Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival Brisbane in spectacular style, with two distinct looks that were both chic and trendy. Styling for the Group Designer Shows as part of their official hair partnership with the fashion event, Schwarzkopf Professional created two looks, Sexy and Glamorous and Untamed Formality, with Hair Direction by Troy Thompson and Peter Tickner respectively.
The Untamed Formality look for Akira
The Sexy and Glamorous look accompanied designs by Talulah, recreating a sophisticated look that was simultaneously styled and undone. “Push aside the old Gatsby and modernise it with a dishevelled twist,” Thompson said of the look, which would perfectly suit an elegant evening outfit and a bold lip. Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ products such as Grip Mousse, Session Salt Spray, Flexible Hold Spray and Sparkler were instrumental in creating those textured waves that wowed on the runway.
The Sexy and Glamorous look for Talulah
The Untamed Formailty look was used for designs by Akira and Ted Baker. While the style looked like the perfect commercial hairstyle, Tickner also used his notorious creativity and attention to detail to add some editorial features that made the look stand out. “A modern style that says sophistication both on the sand and in the city,” he said of the look, which suited bold, black eyeliner and highlighted skin with the hair swept away from the face. Also using products from the OSiS+ range such as Grip, Dust It, Sparkler and Flexible Hold Hairspray, the hair was styled in a natural way, with plenty of gloss and shine.
The Untamed Formality look for Ted Baker
Adding finish to a range of vibrant prints, a wide colour palette and a large number of distinct, modern designs between the three high-class fashion brands, Schwarzkopf Professional closed out MBFF with hair that was both eye-catching and on-trend.
How to get the Sexy and Glamorous look:
1. Work through Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Grip Mousse on hair. Then spray Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Session Salt Spray from mid‐length to ends. Round brush the product in to smooth hair a little.
2. Begin with parting the hair mid-centre of eye taking it back to the crown
3. Start at the nape of the neck and take sections, spray each section with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Session Flexible Hold Spray and using hot tongs, create a barrel curl (under the tong to keep length). Pin with long clips and continue up to just above the ears.
4. Smooth out top of hair and curl only from just above ear to ends (mid lengths ends). Use a dress out brush to brush out hair, creating smooth bouncy locks with a little volume.
5. Spray hair with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Session Firm Hold Hairspray and cover with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Sparkler to give gloss (don’t overdo it so as to avoid hair dropping).
How to get the Untamed Formality look:
1. Apply Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS + Grip, from roots to ends to give the hair body and strength for styling.
2. Dry hair with fingers front to back until the hair is 100% dry.
3. Using a straightener or medium curling iron, complete a set, rolling the hair backwards.
4. Use fingers to rake through the hair from front to back, breaking the curls
5. Dust hair with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It, and roughly rub the hair at the sides and top to achieve a textured dishevelled look.
6. Separate the hair from behind the ears to the crown into two sections, and bring the bottom section into a ponytail at the nape of the neck.
7. Gently bring the dishevelled top section into a second ponytail, an inch higher than the first.
Leave pieces at each temple for softness.
8. Plait each pony, lightly pulling to create a rough texture.
9. Now wrap each into a bun, pinning to secure into desired shape.
10. Once the knots are in place, finish the look using Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Sparkler to add shine.
11. Set the overall shape with Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Session Flexible Hold Hairspray.
For more information visit www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/skp/com/en/home.html
Click here for Styleicons|TV.