From Jennifer Hawkins to Didier Cohen and the cast of The Real Housewives of Melbourne, a who’s who of the Australian television and entertainment world turned out on Thursday 20th March for the 12th annual ASTRA Awards, writes Ruth Cooper.
Kate Peck being styled backstage at the ASTRA Awards by Schwarzkopf Professional
The Schwarzkopf Professional team styled model and MTV presenter Kate Peck’s platinum blonde cut into a glamorous yet slightly dishevelled quiff. The style went perfectly with Kate’s black, cut-out DNKY dress and purple nails, giving off a decidedly rock star vibe.
“Kate’s glam rock style was great to create a different kind of red carpet look,” said Troy Thompson of Reds Salon for Schwarzkopf Professional. “Her vibe is very rock chic so we didn’t want to deviate too much from that, so adding height and volume glammed things up for the event without compromising her natural style.”
Milly Gategno being styled backstage at the ASTRA Awards by Schwarzkopf Professional
The brand also styled the locks of one half of DJ duo The Faders, Milly Gategno. The Schwarzkopf Professional team fashioned her long locks into loose curls with a dramatic side-part for an elegant look that wasn’t too polished.
“Milly is so easy to style – she’s so gorgeous and has such fabulous long hair,” said Patrick Fitzpatrick for Schwarzkopf Professional. “We went for a polished look – long flowing curls are always a red carpet favourite, and placing them over one shoulder gives the instant timeless glam look. We maximised shine on Milly’s hair with Schwarzkopf Professional Glamour Queen and kept fly-aways at bay with Schwarzkopf Professional Oil Miracle Devine Polish.”
Held for the first time at Carriageworks, Sydney in front of a live audience of nearly 800 people, the ASTRAs reward the creativity, diversity and quality of the Australian subscription TV industry. Winners on the night included drama channel Showcase, which was named Channel of the Year, while the host of the awards, Shaynna Blaze, took out Favourite Female Personality.
GET THE LOOK: KATE
1. Spray OSiS Hair Body volume spray through dry hair, then blow dry in roughly.
2. Back comb hair a little to create a solid full base.
3. Sprinkle OSiS Dust It through roots and a little on the ends to help give stronger definition and texture.
4. Finish with OSiS Session Spray and Sparkler Shine Spray to coat final touches.
GET THE LOOK: MILLY
1. Prep hair using OSiS Refresh N Shine, brush through.
2. Take 1 inch by 2 inch sections and spray with Flatliner. Starting at the nape of the neck use a hot iron to create a barrel curl, turning the iron at 360 degrees and pulling from roots to ends. Follow this in a brick pattern (across the head, then up) up the whole head, and place in desired parting.
3. After all hair is curled, spray with Refresh N Shine again, then apply Glamour Queen finishing spray.
4. Using a dressing brush, brush out into loose, soft curls.
5. Finish with OSiS Session spray and Oil Miracle Devine Polish.
For more information about Schwarzkopf Professional visit www.schwarzkopf-professional.com.au.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.