Schwarzkopf Professional styled a look titled Urbane Mermaid for the Myer Spring Summer 15 Fashion Show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival Brisbane on August 25th. Styling for leading fashion brands Wayne Cooper and Sass and Bide, Schwarzkopf Professional created a wavy, wet look to complement the sleek fashion and vibrant, jewel embellished make up. Hair Direction was led by session stylist Simon Crawford.
Utilising a host of products from the Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ range, including the Session Label Salt Spray, Dust It, Gelastic and Session Label Flexible Hold Spray, the team created a gelled back style with volume at the back to create the allusion of a modern-day mermaid. “Sea salt is the new mousse,” Crawford explained. “We used it to create big, fat, textured hair.”
The makeup combined dewy, highlighted skin with jewel encrusted eye decoration, implemented in pinks and purples and dusted with glitter to mimic fantasy-style mermaid scales and take the look to its most conceptual. The lustrous, romantic hair styling was then the perfect finish to the chic, contemporary designer fashion that walked the runway.
Get the look:
1. Mist hair with Schwarzkopf Professional Osis+ Session Label Salt Spray then blast hair dry for a chalky texture.
2. Set hair with a medium curling tong in a drop set technique to leave the hair flat on top. Do this holding the tong horizontal with even sections – wrapping the hair without twisting will give you even curls. Apply Schwarzkopf Professional Osis+ Dust It liberally to the curly sections and shake through.
3. Apply a handful of Schwarzkopf Professional Osis+ Gelastic to the top and side sections to give hair a wet look.
4. Brush the hair with a cushion brush to blend the slick hair into the dry wavy hair.
5. Secure the sides with a card and clip, as gel is setting this will keep it in place.
6. Finish the look with a brush through and a spray of Schwarzkopf Professional Osis+ Session Label Flexible Hold Spray.
For more information visit http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/skp/com/en/home.html
Click here for Styleicons|TV.