Beyoncé Knowles may be the unofficial queen of the world, but her sister Solange so often reigns over Hollywood style.
Solange is constantly able to break the red carpet mould (see: this year’s circular Met Gala ensemble), redefine braided looks and even master truly unique wedding style, by showing up to her nuptials in a caped jumpsuits with florally embellished ‘fro. Brilliant.
In honour of her 29th birthday we throw back to some of our favourite Solange styles.
1. Talk about volume – Solange cements her status as a 70s style icon (despite being born in 1986) with what can only be described as a super-afro.
2. In neon colours and braids down to her knees, Solange commands the stage.
3. Solange plays with shape in this eclectic image, utilising bright hues and an elongated hair look in the name of originality.
4. Wearing curls that are uncharacteristically sleek, Solange retains her voluminous aesthetic, simply more refined.
5. From the ‘fro to the sunnies, Solange screams cool in the UK’s Rollacoaster Magazine. That intangible quality must be in the Knowles genes.
Which Solange look is your favourite?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.