Showcasing his love of experimenting with contrasting finishes and creating effortless hair waves, Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival Hair Director Brad Ngata for L’Oréal Professionnel added texture and movement to a sleek side-part at Runway 4, presented by ELLE magazine, writes Ruth Cooper.
“The hair for this show has opposing textures and a playful relaxed movement at the back and also a strict part in the front,” explained Brad.
As models wearing designs from Bianca Spender, Camilla and Marc, Ginger & Smart, Kahlo, Life with Bird, Michael Lo Sordo and YB J’AMIE powered down the runway, Brad’s inventive styling was revealed.
“The different textures are positioned in a way so that when the girls are walking down the catwalk, you get this beautiful high shine visible at the front and dry matte texture through the waves at the back – uptown in the front and downtown in the back,” said Brad.
GET THE LOOK
1. Start by double moussing the hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Volume Lift. Apply at the roots and work through to the ends. Repeat and then dry the hair off.
2. Create a side part using the arch of the eyebrow as a guide. Smooth down the top lengths and tuck the hair behind the ears.
3. Using a large curing tong, curl the hair in sections as high as ear level. Curl the entire back of the head to the same height.
4. Spray the top and front lengths with heavy dose of L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Crystal Gloss for super glossy shine. Next spray L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Fresh Dust dry shampoo to the mid lengths and ends while gently shaping the wave with a soft brush.
5. To hold style in place, spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium hairspray.
For more information about L’Oréal Professionnel visit www.lorealprofessionnel.com.au.