1400 hairdressers flocked to Berlin last weekend to watch 69 competitors, chosen from 500 global applicants, hailing from 37 countries, compete for the title of International TrendVision Winner in Wella Professionals’ historic 135th year. Just by crunching the numbers, you can understand the enormity of the event.
Daniella Barca and Chung-Yang Su of Rokk Ebony Salon attended as Australia’s Young Talent and Colour Vision gold award winners respectively, and Mikaeala Edwards of Runway and Kylie Hayes of Moha Hairdressing attended as New Zealand’s Young Talent and Colour Vision Gold award winners, respectively. The competition for Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, as well as the People’s Choice Award, was witnessed by the esteemed crowd and online viewers around the world. So high-profile was the competition that 25000 votes were received in the People’s Choice Awards.
Entrants in the Young Talent Category were tasked with creating their own editorial interpretation of the brand’s 2015 trends, Uncharted Territories and Distilled. New Zealand’s own Mikaela Edwards walked away with the Gold in this category, after an intense judging process.
“This year has been brilliant and I’ve found it really hard judging – so many beautiful ideas that have been extremely well executed,” said the category’s lead judge and legendary stylist Eugene Souleiman. “We were looking for something really strong that has done incredibly well and something that is beautiful as well.”
The Colour Vision category was based on both Wella’s 2015 trends and premium colour ethos, with judging headed by Wella Professionals Global Creative Director for Colour Josh Wood. Wella Professionals also honoured their extensive 135 year legacy by taking the opportunity to award a host of Life Achievement and Family Awards.
Congratulations to all the winners listed below:
International TrendVision Awards – Young Talent
• Young Talent PLATINUM: Anastasia Krupovich, Kirpimo Meistrai, Lithuania
• Young Talent GOLD: Mikaela Edwards, Runway, New Zealand
• Young Talent SILVER: Zoe Huang, Zoom Hairdressing, Taiwan
• Young Talent BRONZE: Sonya Rättö, Prof Tampere, Finland
• Young Talent PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Calogero Castellana, Mimì Hair Fashion, Italy
International TrendVision Awards – Colour Vision
• Colour Vision PLATINUM: Craig Clark, HOB Salons, United Kingdom
• Colour Vision GOLD: Patcharee Apirom, MOGA, Thailand
• Colour Vision SILVER: Guiping Zhang, Tiffany Salon, China
• Colour Vision BRONZE: James Fang, Headline, Taiwan
• Colour Vision PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Alina Iulia Calin, AYO Salon, Romania
• Eva Graham
Family Recognition Award
• Dolores Kondrashova
• Jesus de la Calle
• Inger Ellen Nicolaisen
• Walter Cabral
• Paul and Marie Gaglioti
• Yoshinori Shima
• Michael Gerrard
• James Longagnani
• Gennadios Palas
• Klaus Peter Ochs
For more information visit www.wella.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.