Global Creative Director for Wella Professionals Eugene Souleiman created the look for Peter Som’s SS15 runway show at New York Fashion Week, with a style entitled Raw Refinement. Accompanying a fashion collection inspired by pop art, the hair look balanced refined chic and raw spontaneity.
Eugene created a wet, sculpted look that often finished with a stylish plait. Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner, Ocean Spritz and Extra Volume Mousse, along with Wella System Professional Luxe Oil Light Oil Spray were all hero products in creating the look.
“I was inspired by the hipster guys that you see with 50s style haircuts, which are groomed yet still raw,” said Eugene. “So I created a deep side parting and used mousse to replace pomade to give a softer yet controlled look with a satin shine. The front of the hair portrays a groomed, handsome look that transforms in to a tailored braid at the back for a kick of femininity.”
The hair was paired with edgy makeup, which utilised thick, architectural coral or orange eyeliner lining the bottom of the eye. This on-trend makeup look complemented the predominantly green, white and orange colour palette of the fashion collection to a tee.
“This season, Peter’s collection, which is always beautiful, featured some sharp, more graphic elements, which prompted me to create an assertive, strong hair look on the girls,” Eugene explained of his styling. “The look exudes a sexy, slightly masculine feel – she’s edgy but still classy.”
Get the look:
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner to preserve the brilliant shade and shine of colour-treated hair.
2. Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz liberally at the roots then blow dry pulling hair upwards to create volume.
3. Once hair is dry create a deep left side part then add a generous amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse to the top layer of hair from the forehead to crown.
4. To that same section of hair, layer on Wella Professionals Sculpt Force to both keep hair in place and to add a sleek sheen to the front of the hair.
5. Next, use a wide bristle brush and blow dry the top section of hair from the root for added volume.
6. Take the top half of hair (right above the ears) and gather at the crown of the head. Divide the hair in three sections and French braid until all of the remaining hair has been added then secure with clear elastic.
7. Add a small amount of Wella Professionals Sculpt Force to any flyaways and to the very tip of the braid.
8. Diffuse hair dry to hold in place then finish by misting the whole head with Wella System Professional Luxe Oil Light Oil Spray
For more information visit www.wella.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.