Kim Kardashian has a tendency of breaking the internet, and while most of that is attributed to her other assets, her hair is often at the forefront of trends, news, and even the occasional meme.
With Keeping Up With Kardashians in it’s tenth season (when did that happen?), Kim has been in the spotlight for a long, long time, making the archives a particularly enjoyable ride. To celebrate the star’s 35th birthday tomorrow, we’re giving the gift of Kim’s hair history to you.
Witness her style evolution below.
1. Kim is almost unrecognisable in this 2007 shot, between the makeup, the fringe and what is probably hair extensions. We all look back on hair from eight years ago and cringe, right?
2. Still in 2007, Kim opted for curls (so many curls) and red (so much red) at the Keeping Up With The Kardashians premier. This is history, people.
3. Structure was obviously a 2009 trend, with Kim’s style resembling an asymmetrical quiff. We’re calling it ‘business chic’.
4. People tend to forget Kim went blonde before she went platinum (that did tend to steal the limelight, didn’t it?), but this beach blonde look from 2009 should prove them wrong.
5. Volume piled high, sides slicked back and multi-tonal hair pieces – it’s safe to say Kim’s aesthetic has drastically transformed in the past six years.
6. A voluminous up style was Kim’s red carpet look of choice in this 2011 shot.
7. Our analysis of Kim Kardashian’s wedding hair looks begins at her wedding to Kris Humphries in 2011, where she wore three different dresses and two different hair looks, one of which was Hollywood glamour waves.
The other of which was this princess-inspired up style, in keeping with the event’s fairytale wedding theme.
Kim’s hair was much simpler at her wedding to Kanye last year, if there can be any simplicity at a multi-million wedding in Florence.
9. Later in the year she seemed to finish off the blonde look more entirely. We’re fans.
11. Kim sent the internet into a tailspin with this dramatic chop. The lob was first introduced on Instagram and then here at the 2015 Grammy’s.
12. Kim’s pivotal hair moment – this platinum change drove clients into your chairs asking for the almost impossible. Although not even Kim could maintain the extreme look, shortly going back to black, this isn’t a look that will soon be forgotten.
Which is your favourite era of Kim Kardashian hair?
Click here for Styleicons|TV.