Australian hairdresser Barney Martin has added another notch to his impressive session styling CV. The L’Oreal Professionnel ambassador recently worked alongside international stylist Malcolm Edwards, behind the scenes for Issa’s sparkly Autumn/Winter 2010 show at London Fashion Week.
“This hair was amazing, however it’s a bit of a tough one to re-create at home and had more product used than I have ever seen!” said Barney, of the sky-scraping styles.
All you need is a stockpile of hairspray, and you can get the look yourself:
1. Blow-dry hair upside down using lots of mousse to push up the roots
2. Section from the recession of the hairline (about eye level) to the crown, then take this triangle of hair and pin out of the way
3. Take the remaining hair and pull into a very high pony tail – this should sit right on top of the head
4. Backcomb the front section of hair to create the quiff (you can also add a sponge to keep the lift)
5. The hair from the pony at the top can then be braided, knotted and pinned in place
And there you have it. Gravity-defying, high-hair that’s truly catwalk-tastic.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.