Titled Anon and inspired by the interpretative meaning of poetic words, Ginger and Smart see spring summer 2011/2012 as a playground for fabrics and textures with a 3D effect – resources that ripple for a laid back floating effect synonymous with summer. Delicate alphabetic cut outs and typewriter fonts add interest in print and tassle-like form in a quintessential Ginger and Smart twist for the season ahead.
Structured shirts buttoned neck-high juxtapose hot pink boho-bred skirts in a harmonious clash of feminine and masculine that continues throughout an eclectic palette from acid yellow to midnight navy – a concept combed into hair design, as directed by Kenneth Stoddart for Moroccanoil.
Kenneth Stoddart for Moroccanoil
“I wanted to create a look that reflected the collection, in the form of opposing combinations, masculine and feminine and wet and dry,” said Stoddart. The look celebrated lady-like length while lauding the strength of severely slicked sides accentuated with front-facing height.
Get the look:
1. Apply Moroccanoil Treatment Oil to the hair from mid-lengths to ends for ultimate pre-styling strength and conditioning.
2. Spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray on dry hair concentrating on the roots from the front hair line to the back of the crown.
3. Bruch hair smooth from roots to ends using a paddle brush
4. Divide a top section of hair from the front temple in a horseshoe shape to the crown and section the top piece out of the way and back tease underneath to create padding for the pins to clip to.
5. Apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to the hair on the sides and lightly spray with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray to create a ‘wet look.’ Then, brush hair back horizontally behind the ear on both sides of the head.
6. Secure hair with a row of bobby pins pushed into the teased padding under the dry panel of hair at the back of the head.
7. Pull out the front section of hair and apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray to the section and pull up with comb.
8. Blow dry hair with a comb to create a crease all the way around the front section to fill in the curve of the head to make it square.
9. Mist Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray all over the hair to the hold the style and create shine.
10. Finally, brush the back panel of dry hair smooth and secure with a barrette at the nape of the neck to hold the hair in place.