The fashion set gathered in October to celebrate the latest collection from Lisa Ho. Fur gilets, cropped leather boleros and strapless chiffon gowns were offset by giant jewels in a fresh take on gothic glam.
Titled Budapest Excess, Lisa Ho’s AW10 collection was a much darker affair than what we’ve come to expect from one of Australia’s most successful designers.
A brooding palette of textured black was contrasted with dusty violet and midnight blue with the odd bit of leopard print lending a playful air. Tailored, embellished jackets and sleek silhouettes featured Swarovski crystal shoulders while feathered skirts were pure luxury.
“This is a return to where I first started,” said Ho. “There’s a lot of beading and tailoring and this season I’ve got a strong focus on jackets. I feel tailoring is really having a renaissance. This is not disposable fashion. I have an interest in vintage clothing and I hope that what I create will stand the test of time.”
Inspired by model muses Kate Moss and Daria Werbowy, the hair direction was provided by Kenneth Stoddart for Redken 5th Avenue NYC, with a loose, boho result.
“Easy-go-lucky hair that’s freshly washed, clean and shiny was the texture at Lisa Ho AW 2010,” said Stoddart.
“The Lisa Ho girl this season is a bit like a young, rich Hungarian girl who lives in Budapest,” said Stoddart. “This is a girl surrounded by all things beautiful and bohemian. Her beauty is relaxed, she does not try hard with her hair – she just washes and goes.”
Get the look:
1. Freshly shampoo the hair with Redken Clear Moisture shampoo and follow with Redken Moisture Rush mask. Towel dry and brush through.
2. Spray Redken Fabricate 03 to towel dried hair through the lengths and ends and blow dry in roughly using your fingers until 100% dry.
3. Take random, large sections of hair and curl around a large barrel tong, keeping the ends out. Wind the hair in varied directions each for each strand to make the effect irregular and natural.
4. Shake out each section of hair loosely to give the curl slight flyaway “easy hair” potential.
5. Finish with a light mist of Redken Workforce 09 to keep the relaxed shape in place and protect agaist humidity.